Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Why Bible say that Every firstborn son will die?

Question:

Why does Bible say that Every firstborn son will die?

Exodus 11:5
Every firstborn son in Egypt will die, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sits on the throne, to the firstborn son of the slave girl, who is at her hand mill, and all the firstborn of the cattle as well.

Exodus 4:23
and I told you, "Let my son go, so he may worship me." But you refused to let him go; so I will kill your firstborn son.'"

Exodus 12:12
On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn--both men and animals--and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the LORD.

Exodus 12:29
At midnight the LORD struck down all the firstborn in Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh, who sat on the throne, to the firstborn of the prisoner, who was in the dungeon, and the firstborn of all the livestock as well.

Psalm 78:51
He struck down all the firstborn of Egypt, the firstfruits of manhood in the tents of Ham.

Psalm 105:36
Then he struck down all the firstborn in their land, the firstfruits of all their manhood.

Psalm 135:8
He struck down the firstborn of Egypt, the firstborn of men and animals.

Psalm 136:10
to him who struck down the firstborn of Egypt His love endures forever.

Is this humanity referencing to current conventions?


Answer:

No comments:

Post a Comment