Republic mixed with Democracy
- The Constitution of Sri Lanka recognizes itself as a republic and sovereignty of people.
1. ... Democratic ... Republic... 2. The Republic of ... 3. In the Republic of ... 4. The Sovereignty of the People shall be exercised and enjoyed ...
- The constitution clearly shows democracy in the election process.
(only citizens get citizen identity cards. What about people of the country, like freeman?)
Even through Constitution was approved by people at a republic referendum/election process, such approval nullifies when overridden by fictional citizens at a democratic referendum/ election process. A fictional constitution on paper cannot be a republic without continuous people participation.
That form of government in which the powers of sovereignty are vested in the people and are exercised by the "people", either directly, or through representatives chosen by the people, to whome those powers are specially delegated.
NOTE: The word "people" may be either plural or singular. In a republic the group only has advisory powers; the sovereign individual (1%) is free to reject the majority (99%) group-think.
That form of government in which the sovereign power resides in and is exercised by the whole body of free "citizens" directly or indirectly through a system of representation, as distinguished from a monarchy, aristocracy, or oligarchy.
NOTE: In a pure democracy, 51% beats 49%. In other words, the minority has no rights.
The minority only has those privileges granted by the dictatorship of the majority.
The constitution contradicts itself
- A Republic cannot have democratically elected members.
- The election process, its consequences and values of Democracy always contradict with the Republic.
- If people in the Republic of Sri Lanka are aware of the distinction, they would never cry for Democracy.
- Citizens are the Public Slaves in a Democracy.
- 2000 August Draft Constitution Bill
cleaners(citizens) of a company(Sri Lanka) elect the management(executive and legislature), on behalf of it's owners(people).
By mixing democracy into a republic, the constitution contradicts itself.
Constitutional Volatility for Current Government
- Current Government is elected by citizens using citizen/national ID cards (not people) through a democratic process.
- Therefore, whoever elected are representatives of citizens, and shall not be representatives of the people of this country; Democracy!
- People: living, breathing human being(s) with flesh and blood; Owner of the Country.
- Citizen: fictional entity (a person) defined under the fictional Constitution;
- Democratically elected government lacking people representation, compared to a republic, is so volatile if any people (the owner) wishes otherwise. It has no grounds to exist!
- Any people (individual) can demolish a democratically elected Government, without the need for people majority, compare to a Republic style elected Government.
- Emphasis on the Election process for the stability of a Government.